logo
about us

About Us

We devote to producing mining equipments, sand making machines and industrial grinding mills, offering expressway, rail way and water conservancy projects the solution of making high grade sand and matched equipments.

Read More

making mirror grinding machine

• Making a homemade mirror grinding machine ATM, Optics

• Mirror-o-Matic mirror making machine ATM pages of

The M-o-M is a marvellous machine due to its simplicity and yet refined design. It is extremely flexible accommodating mirror sizes from 4 inch up to 20 inch (with slight modifications) and can be used for all three steps necessary in producing a mirror. That is

• Mirror Grinding Machine

My Mirror Grinding Machine. For a long time I've wanted to build a machine for grinding telescope mirrors. Dennis Rech's M-o-M designs finally inspired me to just get up and do it. Over the years, I'd been collecting motors, gear boxes, pulleys, etc. Most of them came from industrial junk yards.

• Grinding Machine for Large Telescope Mirrors

Grinding Machine for Large Telescope Mirrors I designed and built a grinding machine for mirrors up to 42 inches [1.1m] in diameter. By slipping on and off a couple of belts, the machine can quickly be reconfigured for spinning work or for stroking work.

• Mirror Grinding Machine » Leonardo Da Vinci's Inventions

The mirror or lens grinding machine is a masterpiece of mechanical engineering. It has several gears in mesh at all times and also has several variable settings built into it. This machine was most likely designed by Leonardo while he was either investigating the different ways that light reflected off things or maybe he was planning on

• Joy of Mirror Making: Rough Grinding BBAstroDesigns

Here is a 25 inch [635cm] mirror being rough ground followed by a beautiful grinding stand from the Delmarva Mirror Making Seminar. Grinding Tools To construct a grinding tool, attach unglazed ceramic tiles, 1 inch [2.5cm] square, to one of these substrates:

• jeffbaldwin

Fixed-post machine grinding is where the mirror is on a turntable rotating around 20 PRM [speeds vary], and a 75% tool is on top. They are already curve-generated. The tool is hanging over the mirror by 1/6 the diameter of the tool, or about 1/8 diameter of the mirror, and is fixed in this position.

• Mirror grinding scope making

A good starter size is the 150 mm (6") mirror. A 200mm (8") will also work. Most ATM books and websites recommend a Pyrex® mirror blank, but in my opinion, annealed plate glass is better for this first, "learn and practice" mirror.It is cheaper, it is softer and grinds faster, needing less abrasives and with these small sizes, the low expansion glass like Pyrex has no practical (visible at

• tut44 Making A Mirror Grinding Tool Asterism

Good grinding technique will produce a spherical shape, therefore the only important property needing measurement is the depth of the concave surface at the center of the mirror. The easiest way to do this is by placing a stiff metallic straight edge across the mirror face center spanning edge to edge.

• File Size: 387KB
  • Leonardo Da Vinci's mirror making machines

ÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝ In his Codice Atlantico, Leonardo offers two of sketches of mirror making machines.Ý One machine is designed for grinding concave mirrors of small focal length.Ý The other machine, a much larger piece to implement, grinds mirrors of large focal lengths.Ý Though Leonardo da Vinci creates sketches of mirror grinding, one

• Links · Our Reconstruction

The mirror or lens grinding machine is a masterpiece of mechanical engineering. It has several gears in mesh at all times and also has several variable settings built into it. This machine was most likely designed by Leonardo while he was either investigating the different ways that light reflected off things or maybe he was planning on

• Making a Mirror grinding & Polishing machine ATM, Optics

Mar 16, 2015· Page 1 of 5 Making a Mirror grinding & Polishing machine posted in ATM, Optics and DIY Forum: Hello, I am on the half of the way to make a mirror grinding machine inspired by original M-O-M design. I made the pulley arrangement such a way that, both the turn table & eccentric spins at 50 RPM fixed. I wont go for making mirror bigger that 10.5 (or max 12).

• mirror grinding/polishing machineMay 23, 2020Types of mirror grinding machinesNov 16, 2018Making my own fixed post mirror grinding/polishing machineOct 15, 2012Making a homemade mirror grinding machineMar 06, 2006See more results
  • Building a fixed post mirror grinding machine

Aug 19, 2019· Gordon Waite is probably one of the better mirror makers using this machine and have incorporated some of his ideas into my plan. I like the fixed-post plan vs others with eccentric drives, because it gets the heavy grinding done in an automated

• July 2nd, 2020 Live Astronomy Q&A Session with Prof. Chris ImpeyJul 01, 2020First images from 2020: Sh2-132 and NGC7380 in Ha with and without reducerJun 17, 2020Trying to get the best of my Celestron Astromaster 130EQMay 15, 2020Sky Safari 4/1/20 M13 and M51 w/Meade 10-inchApr 03, 2020See more results
  • Joy of Mirror Making: Rough Grinding BBAstroDesigns

Here is a 25 inch [635cm] mirror being rough ground followed by a beautiful grinding stand from the Delmarva Mirror Making Seminar. Grinding Tools To construct a grinding tool, attach unglazed ceramic tiles, 1 inch [2.5cm] square, to one of these substrates:

• jeffbaldwin

Fixed-post machine grinding is where the mirror is on a turntable rotating around 20 PRM [speeds vary], and a 75% tool is on top. They are already curve-generated. The tool is hanging over the mirror by 1/6 the diameter of the tool, or about 1/8 diameter of the mirror, and is fixed in this position.

ÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝÝ In his Codice Atlantico, Leonardo offers two of sketches of mirror making machines.Ý One machine is designed for grinding concave mirrors of small focal length.Ý The other machine, a much larger piece to implement, grinds mirrors of large focal lengths.Ý Though Leonardo da Vinci creates sketches of mirror grinding

• Mirror Grinding Machine Hackaday

Sep 26, 2006· Grinding and polishing your own mirrors is a long, arduous process. Instead of lapping the blank by hand, Laurie Hall built this mirror grinding machine from scratch.

• Ritchey Mirror Grinding Machine National Air and Space

The machine was used for making numerous mirrors over the next four decades and extensively modified over that period. It embodies the "sub-diameter tool" design approach to making large telescope mirrors whereby the grinding tool is drawn across the mirror

The mirror or lens grinding machine is a masterpiece of mechanical engineering. It has several gears in mesh at all times and also has several variable settings built into it. This machine was most likely

• Building a fixed post mirror grinding machine

Aug 19, 2019· Gordon Waite is probably one of the better mirror makers using this machine and have incorporated some of his ideas into my plan. I like the fixed-post plan vs others with eccentric drives, because it gets the heavy grinding

• Making my own fixed post mirror grinding/polishing machine

Oct 15, 2012· Page 1 of 2 Making my own fixed post mirror grinding/polishing machine posted in ATM, Optics and DIY Forum: Hey guys. Im thinking of making my own fixed post mirror grinding/polishing and curve generating machine. Ive got loads of questions regarding the design so Ill just start firing away Do I need an eccentric moving tool to be able to polish a mirror

• Joy of Mirror Making: Rough Grinding

Here is a 25 inch [635cm] mirror being rough ground followed by a beautiful grinding stand from the Delmarva Mirror Making Seminar. Grinding Tools To construct a grinding tool, attach unglazed

• Mirror grinding scope making

A good starter size is the 150 mm (6") mirror. A 200mm (8") will also work. Most ATM books and websites recommend a Pyrex® mirror blank, but in my opinion, annealed plate glass is better for this first, "learn and practice" mirror

• Stellafane ATM:Mirror Making Myths

As we explain in our mirror making demonstrations at the Stellafane Convention, the basic mirror making process involves grinding the mirror blank into a sphere with desired radius of curvature for

• Stellafane ATM: Rough Grinding

This page describes the rough grinding process. Before You Start. Use this checklist to make sure you are ready to start rough grinding: You have selected a mirror diameter and focal ratio, and have use these to calculate a target sagitta.; You have a way to measure sagitta.; You have an appropriate size mirror

• Fixed post mirror grinder advice DIY Astronomer

Nov 01, 2011· Basically there are two types of grinding/polishing machine. The ‘traditional’ type which involves the mirror rotating at a relatively slow speed, a few rpm for a big mirror (16-20 inches) with the tool moving across the mirror, from side to side, at a higher rpm depending on the size of the mirror

One machine is designed for grinding concave mirrors of small focal length. The other machine, a much larger piece to implement, grinds mirrors of large focal lengths. Though Leonardo da Vinci creates sketches of mirror grinding, one crucial and logical question to ask is whether he used such mirrors

• Dick Parker's Telescope Mirror Workshop: Cassegrain

Grinding the secondary is just like grinding any other optic except in minature. I ground the secondary with the mirror on a workstand and worked the tool on top just like I would grind a larger mirror. This optic is small enough that a lens grinding machine

• tut44 Making A Mirror Grinding Tool Asterism

After fine grinding is complete, the mirror must be polished. It is during polishing that you “figure” the mirror by using a different polishing stroke to change the mirror’s spherical polished shape into a parabolic polished shape . See a related tutorial nearby titled, “ Making A Mirror